Today I am going to show you how to backup current ROM of your Android phone with CWM and restore it when you need it. First of all, you need to install a custom recovery because stock recovery can't do this. If you already have a custom recovery in your phone then just follow the instructions.
This tutorial works on all android phones especially Samsung galaxy star pro GT-S7262 flashed with cwm recovery if you have TWRP recovery installed on your phone just follow the same procedure.
How to backup the ROM
1. Turn off your Android phone.
2. Now boot your phone into recovery mode by pressing following buttons at the same time "volume up+home+power".
3. After booting into recovery mode now select backup and restore by using the volume down and power button. If you're using touch recovery just touch backup and restore.
4. Now select backup, it will backup your current ROM including installed apps with data.
5. After finishing backup just reboot that's all.
How to restore from backup?
If anything goes wrong while flashing Rom's you can use your backup to restore your phone into a usable state.
1. Boot your phone into the recovery mode.
2. Now select backup and restore.
3. Then select restore.
4. Now select the recent backup file from the SD card.
5. Wait till the recovery finishes after restoring just reboot your phone, your phone will boot with backed up data.
Hope you found it useful please share.
Note: Always have a backup while flashing a custom ROM or while rooting.
Thanks for reading, see you on next post.